.Friday, January 29, 2010 ' 6:38 PM Y
Today could be one of the most adventurous day of work for these 4 months. As part of an event to celebrate those staff with good service, we r to do a video montage to feature those behind the scenes footage. Me and the filming team went to those "limited access" places n did our interviews, acting as patients, finding out more abt the various professions etc.
We went to places like radiology where we "used" the MRI scan machine, n we got one of the crew to lie down on that coffin look-alike machine, we went to CDC to interview the medical social worker n realised how passionate they are for their job, n best of all is we went into the mortuary- the place that I have always wanted to go!
The staff working at the mortuary truly commands my respect. Throughout the interview with him, you can really feel his professionalism and respect, even for the dead. He has been in this line for 13 years n as he began to relate his experiences with the deceased family mem, Undertakers, the deceased (yes he encounter strange stuff!!!), I can really feel that he loves his job even though this might nt be the most prestigious job. When asked what is the most scariest thing that has happened there, he ans: "there are no scary things here, but there are alot of beautiful things here. I learnt alot abt loving myself and cherishing my time here. I respect the dead because I believe that even the body is dead, their soul is still within them." it was so well said, that instant, I salute to him from the bottom of my heart.
A visit to such a place like this made me think. At the end of one's life, actually nth else reli matters. Wad reli matters most is when we know that we are going to somewhere which is eternally safe, secured and peaceful. Imagine u are dead now, and your soul begin to rise from your body, will your soul feel lost? Imagine your soul says "ok, where am I heading to now? Is there "someone" going to fetch me? Will I meet my love ones again?" in modern society where people choose to believe in thier own works, or having their faith anchored in science n technology, n die as a "free thinker", who is going to decide for them wad kinda funeral they are gg to have? What happens after death when they realised that all that they have put their trust in, prosperity, education, good works all became vain within a few split seconds that defines life or death? Are free thinkers reli "free" thinkers, or are they simply the group whom refuse or avoid to make a stand and acknowledgement?
I have always wanted to go mortuary cz I know that's a place of a different perspective to life. The next place that I reli want to thread into is the operating theatre to view a live surgery. To be frank, I was quite freak out when I saw a real body in te mortuary. Not that I see the face, but the atmosphere there is just different. Coldness will somehow unknowingly surround you. Goosebumps upon goosebumps. I have learnt how to celebrate life and life itself. Being alive, just alive alone is good enough, cause that's when you still can make decisions n have the ability to change. Nth is ever fixed when one is still alive. So no matter wad, keep ourselves alive!
I left the place heavy-hearted. Even now as I typed this on the way to lead cgm, Im still in v deep thoughts. Another tot is that if I can respect a man who serve the dead so much, making their last journey peaceful and pleasant even though he can't change much of the ending, then the more I should respect all the pastors and cell group leaders, who are not just impacting earthly lives, but changing their eternity. Salute to all those who have sown eternally!
My heart is heavy. But I'm on my way now to celebrate life, the life everlasting. Guess today's cgm will be lots of heart to heart sharing.
:)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone